Since established in November 1989, the Rangitikei District has had two Community Boards – one for the Taihape Ward and one for the Ratana community. Each Board meets every second month.
Four members for each Board are elected at each triennial local government elections. In the case of Taihape, Council appoints two further members, currently rotated annually around the three Taihape Ward Councillors. For Ratana, Council appoints the Turakina Ward Councillor to the Board.
|Michelle Fannin (Chair) email@example.com
Ann Abernethy (Deputy Chair) firstname.lastname@example.org
Maata Kare Thompson (Deputy Chair) email@example.com
|Two of the three Ward Councillors
|Turakina Ward Councillor
The Boards have a number of statutory responsibilities.
- Represent and act as an advocate for the interests of their community
- Consider and report on any matter referred to it by the Council and any issues of interest or concern to the Community Board
- Make an annual submission to Council on expenditure in their community
- Maintain an overview of Council services within their community
- Communicate with community organisations and special interest groups within their community
Council may also delegate other responsibilities to either Board.